Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mississippi Crazy.....



Abortion has never left the forefront, not even when Republicans lied and deceived the American people in the last election by promising Jobs, Jobs, Jobs, would be their top priority if they voted to give them the majority.

Here's some news coming out of Mississippi(I pity the good people who live in that state!), they are considering a Constitutional amendment that would effectively ban ALL abortions and the use of some types of contraceptives. This means if you break the law and the Fascists find out, your crime will be punishable as MURDER...

 Proposition 26 might even open the door to investigating women who have suffered miscarriages. This is scary folks....this is NOT my America!!

 a Web site promoting the amendment says. "Unborn human beings are persons, and as persons they deserve full legal protection in the state of Mississippi."

 Fertilized eggs will be considered legal persons, so if you donated any eggs and want them destroyed, you could face a murder charge if you go through with it....if the fascists come into your home, look into your medicine cabinet and discover your IUD, you could very well face murder charges...there would be NO exceptions for rape or incest, the only exception would be if carrying a baby full term would put the woman's life in danger, but opponents of the amendment question whether even that would be possible.....Sound crazy?? Yea I think so too. But to the religious right wing fanatics, it's normal business, they are obeying God's command.  Has anyone actually looked through the Bible and read the word Abortion?  I looked and could not find it, so if you did could you leave me the passage and page number?

And there's also something I will NEVER understand.....how can flushing fertilized eggs down the toilet, or the involuntary act of miscarriage be considered murder but the act of injecting a lethal dose of poison in a real live grown up human being be just fine and dandy in the eyes of the persons who advocate for the death penalty? Is that justifiable murder, or just plain murder? And what does God say about that? Oh wait, there is a commandment that says thou shalt not murder....but they like the other passage in the Old Testament that says an eye for an eye...that's how they justify murdering our citizens....

The Rightwing extremists are crying the loudest about our bloated government and wasteful spending, but only when it doesn't affect their Evangelical extremists agenda....

20 comments:

BB-Idaho said...

Abortion is the lynch pin of theocracy; from which follows
that global warming is a hoax, evolution is 'junk science' and
public school is 'indoctrination'.
Those folks are immersed in an alternate reality and unaware of
the ugliness of the dark ages...

skip 2 colorado said...

This is some scary shit by some scary people. For the life of me, I can't figure out how that 'small government' can fit themselves all up inside my girl parts.

Leslie Parsley said...

Guess which state is the poorest in the US, has the highest number of teen births, is next to the bottom in producing high school graduates and is the most religious. You've got it - Missi-sloppy - the armpit of the country.

As I see it, it's a way for MS to elimininate certain elements of the population - sort of like sterilization, or worse.

As corrupt as some are on the Supreme Court, I really can't see this law being upheld. The fact that citizens would rather spend money trying to implement such a draconian law and to defend it through the court system instead of on schools is the reason why they rank at the bottom of the barrel in so many areas.

Dave Miller said...

BB, great analysis... Skip, they are very small gov except when they aren't.

I asked one the other day on a blog to help me understand his malcontented inability to think consistently and all I got was an answer that was about as cogent as an old brick.

Go figure.

Sue said...

This same kind of bill failed in Colorado but I read it has a better chance of passing in MS because of the large anti-abortion crowd down there.

I'm totally baffled by this type of bill, it only resonates with a small segment of our population but is shining a bad light on the Republican party and they don't care, they just get crazier and crazier. It all goes back to God. Crazy for God...wasn't that a movie?

And let me add here, I am pro-choice, but do not condone abortions as simply a means of birth control. Keep your grubby conservative hands off birth control accessibility and abortion numbers drop drastically. Do they care? No, they don't take the time to follow the stats.

John Myste said...

Dave, to be fair, your question was illogical.

Lisa said...

I don't care how conservative one is that law will never pass.
That is way out in (excuse the expression) "Left Field".
Abortion is legal and it still hasn't stopped teenage pregnancy and generations of fatherless children living off the system crating more crime.That is a bigger problem in this country.
That law is fanatical by some fanaticals which is why it will never pass.
I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Dave Miller said...

Skip, and maybe John, sorry about the typo... small texting screens can do that...

I should have typed...

They [small gov't folks] are very for small gov't, except when they aren't.

Which is when it becomes problematic, or when it forces them to deviate from their preferred social policy.

The abortion issue is a classic. At one site I frequent, a determined libertarian takes the 100% hands off position. And he is very consistent.

However, others, supposed small government folks who oppose all democratic sponsored government, see no contradiction when they ask for federal help to become involved in this fight.

John, I am not sure whether you missed my sarcasm, or I missed yours.

Sue, I saw a good interview on this proposition today. Surprisingly, even the Dems in Mississippi are in favor of this...

Sue said...

Dave, John does have a sarcastic streak, he keeps us on our toes! LOL

I did read about some Dems supporting the bill, but they must be on the extreme far left. We do have SOME of those unfortunately, LOL

Lisa coming out and calling this extreme and believing it hasn't a prayer of passing is a very sane thing for her to say, gives me hope!

John Myste said...

John, I am not sure whether you missed my sarcasm, or I missed yours.

There are too many "or's" in this world. It does not have to be mutually exclusive.

Oh, I am sure either.

TOM said...

You should have been aborted bitch

Dave Miller said...

Thanks Tom for bringing your enlightenment to the discussion...

Sue said...

sometimes they are just too good to delete, Dave. Tom is so amusing! LOL

Leslie Parsley said...

LOL. He must not be very busy today.
I got this one a few hours later:

"And you have the right to be the stupid cunt that you are"

Where's the originality?

John Myste said...

I am just wondering if Tom is still claiming he is not leaving these?

Tom, can you answer that for me?

Leslie Parsley said...

@John: Ya mean he's actually claiming he's not sending these? Hah, hah hah.

John Myste said...

Well, it would seem that I annoyed Tom with my comment. I have not visited his site in quite some time, but s a result of my commenting here, he visited mine, and left a heart warming comment at the end.

Leslie Parsley said...

Holy shit! And on a blog post that's almost a month old, no less. Sick, sick, sick. I wonder if his family realizes just how sick this man is. They need to do something before he hurts someone or hurts himself.

Jerry Critter said...

Republicans are not interested in solving the abortion question. They are only interested in using abortion as a wedge issue.

ExpressoSelf said...

Wow... thanks for the info Sue.