Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I don't want to do it but I must....

Something is wrong with me, I'm bored. Really, I have lost my desire to read about politics, to comment about politics, to write about politics..... I'm finding it a chore to sit at this computer and try and write a good blog post. I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts into words. I still get upset when I'm watching my news shows, like now, listening to Lawrence interview Bill Maher, it's such a good interview but I'm half listening because of this stupid computer. Maher is saying Obama has always been a president governing from the center, look at his policies geared toward big business, tax cuts, etc.... He was elected by a majority of Americans but the right is relentless in their need to degrade him and accuse him of being "the most liberal president this country has ever known".  Oooooh scary liberal Barack Obama! The right treats our president with utter disrespect like the way Bill O'Reilly did Sunday, they won't give up their quest to paint him as an illegitimate president.

I'm feeling so guilty for not visiting my friends blogs. Maybe it's Facebook, I spend too much time there too. I don't have the time or energy to do it all. I'm not deleting the blog, I'm very proud of my blog, but I need a break and I have to force myself to take this break. Not just blogging but computers in general are ADDICTING. I've said these words before, I know. Some of you have taken blogging breaks before too, so I know you'll understand.....

While I'm on my break I'll be reading the Thomas Frank book, The Wrecking Crew...

Casting his eyes from the Bush administration’s final months of plunder to the earliest days of the Republican revolution, Thomas Frank uncovers the deep logic behind the graft and incompetence of conservatives in power. He shows how leaders dedicated to a doctrine of government by entrepreneurship proceeded to sell off the state, channeling the profits to cronies and loyalists. He surveys the federal agencies doomed to failure by the inept and even hostile staff appointed to run them. He charts the practice of wholesale deregulation and the devastating results now clear for all to see. From political scandal to mortgage meltdown, Frank documents the consequences of enshrining the free market as the logic of the state.
As conservatives retreat to lick their wounds and a new administration prepares to undo the years of misgovernment, The Wrecking Crew makes clear the challenges before the nation. A brilliant and audacious stocktaking—now thoroughly revised and updated—this is Frank’s most revelatory work yet.

I can't wait!


You'll see me around, until then I bid you adieu! xo

23 comments:

Jerry Critter said...

Every once in a while we need to re-charge. Take your time. Enjoy your break. I know you will be back.

I have enjoyed your blog immensely. You have a combination of humor, wit, and bite that I enjoy. Plus you have trolls that have given me more than one laugh -- the limits of stupidity are vast.

Farewell, 'till we meet again.

Jerry Critter said...

And if you don't believe me about stupidity, check out this post over at Green Eagle.

okjimm said...

Okz...no one asked me but if you did I would say fuck this adieu shit (you have good voice) n if you need a break... Fuck the wrecking crew...try emily dickinson or eecummings or especially shel silverstein "where the sidewalk end (you have a good voice)

Leslie Parsley said...

Damn, whatever are we going to do without L & L?

Breaks are good. Two weeks at the most, though.

As I said on FB, I'm in the same rut. I still visit blogs but comment less and less -

Take walks, go to the park and don't even watch the news. It's like watching a soap opera - you won't even think you've missed anything when you come back. Same ole, same ole.

But you won't be able to stay away for long, thank God.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Enjoy your break my Dear friend..Love ya Sue..Hugs and smiles Gloria

Leslie Parsley said...

Foreign Anon: Go back to your cave, you chicken shit piece of dung. And while you're at it, learn to write proper English, asshole.

Sue said...

you're the BEST Jerry, Thanks! Yes I will be back, to the dismay of forin anonapus! I'll check out that post!

Thanks jimm, I'll stroll lazily through the book store....

Thanks L, you're the best too! Yes I'll be back after a little break. Must be the horrible dreary winter, its so depressingly LONG! I'll check in every day to delete the trolls too, anonafuck is snotty, dirty, slimy pond scum...

Sue said...

Thanks Gloria! I'll take the time to come visit you! xo

Leslie Parsley said...

February is truly the worst month of the year - a blah month all around, a time when people with SAD suffer the most, a month of anti-climax after the long holiday season, a month of really crappy weather and before spring is in the air, etc., etc. And even people who have real paying jobs have to take vacations to unwind and recharge.

We'll be waiting for you and chasing off ass-hats like that thar fureiner.

Hugh Jee From Jersey said...

Every blogger needs a break from this stuff after awhile. When you fell obligated to write something new everyday you end up putting unnecessary pressure on yourself.

Here's a hint you might want to try when you return.....diversify your writing a little bit. Politics is your passion, but like too much chocolate you can get sick of it after awhile. Write about something other than politics when you start to OD. I'm sure with your Mom living with you now and a granddaughter growing up around you there's plenty of material there.

Take care....go out and enjoy these lovely, sunny, freezing days in Jersey, and count down the days before baseball season (ie, your Phillies) returns!

skylark said...

Sue,
I understand how you feel; the cold weather just makes me want to hibernate. Enjoy your book! I got "The Great American Stickup" by Robert Scheer at the library, so I'm reading about how Bill Clinton deregulated the banking industry.

Malcolm said...

When blogging becomes a chore and you can feel burnout, taking a break is the best solution. I look forward to your return.

I caught Thomas Frank on Rachel's show last night. The book sounds like an interesting read.

Flying Junior said...

Hey Sue,

Like any other form of inspiration, you just can't force it. Palin is singularly uninspiring. Gingrich? What a loser! Romney? Who cares? Boehner? What a fool. No legacy forthcoming from him!

I'll be waiting to hear from you when the blue meanies on the SCOTUS decide to hear some case against the Patient Protection Act!

Peace, Love, FJ

Lisa said...

Sue believe it or not I will miss you too. You have become my addiction or lack of a better term.....obsession,lol!!!!!

Leslie Parsley said...

Lisa: You are an insult. If you cared anything about Sue, you'd keep your stupid butt off of here.

Lisa said...

why thank you Leslie. I can alwasy expect something nice coming from you

Sue said...

my friends are so sweet! I'm not dying or anything, just trying to stay away for awhile LOL! I'll pop in this weekend to see you all.

OH BTW, family catastrophe today, thedaughter paid off her car this month but it looks like she blew the motor because she failed to check her oil...It's a never ending soap opera around here....

Jerry Critter said...

It amazing how many kids that happens to. You tell them, "check the oil". Do they listen? No. Their memory get much better after paying for a new motor...or even a rebuild one.

TOM said...

Taking a break is necessary to refresh your ideas and let the frustration from the idiot opposition settle,

I guess Keith O. is going to start a new program on Current TV (Al Gores network, in a few weeks. Good time to start blogging again.

Just don't stop altogether. I love reading your blog.

JoeBama "Truth 101" Kelly said...

Forgive my insensitivity but TnLib is at her best when her meds are low.

What a woman!

Now quit your whining Sue. You're giving up is what the righties want. Did I give up? Hell no! I got TAO to invite me to his expensive website to be his featured writer.. I even shamed Octopus into giving me membership in his Swash Zone and he doesn't even like me that much.

I won't give up. I won't let righties arsenal of lies and bullshit defeat me. And nor should you.

Now get off your ass. Open your cyber window and shout "Fuck you righty mother fuckers!"

Sue said...

OMG, All I'm doing is innocently reading my email but my boyfriend Truth has forced me to come by cuz I am ROFLMAO!! I'm not staying away forever honey, just long enough to get my mojo back! Is that all it takes to write a readable blogpost, Fuck you righty MF'ers??

Thanks Tom you are the sweetest!

Malcolm, Hugh, FJ, love you all too!

Jerry the car is trashed, what a pity. Shes looking at prices of motors now... Oh and she'll be 34 next week, hardly a dumb youngin' she should know better! She heard the noise LAST WEEK!! Lifes lesson for sure!

Shaw Kenawe said...

Sue, I tried to send you an email and got the Mail Daemon! Says your email has been temporarily disabled.

Wha' happen'?

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

I agree with Okjimm, Sue. If you're going to read something, read something good - some Carson McCullers, some Gide, some Beckett even. Don't be wasting your time with yet another spite-filled, hyperpartisan screed. Enough already with that type of crap.