Sunday, February 27, 2011

A question for my bloggy friends in California

and for those who may know.....
Brother Bud was here today, we talked politics and religion like we always do. He said I need to start paying attention to the whole world, mainly the Middle East and Islam, then proceeds to tell me how Muslims have a plan to take over the world and are already here in the US infiltrating our schools, indoctrinating our kids. He says schools in the WHOLE state of California are teaching Islam, even having kids change their name to a Muslim name, etc etc...

So I went to GOOGLE and found this, even tho I'd much rather hear from my California friends! 
Rev. Elijah Abraham was born and raised as a Muslim in Iraq, but converted to Christianity when he found that Islam did not answer his most pressing religious questions. He was interviewed for The New American by James Heiser.

 Rev. Abraham said this,  The educational plan has been underway to indoctrinate our children. Go to an average public school in America and you will see the curriculum is very much advantageous to Islam and has Christianity in a bad light. In January 2002, right after 9/11, the California public schools had a mandate that the fifth, sixth and seventh grades were to practice Islam for two weeks. It took almost a week for the Christian community to bring it to light — Paul Harvey and James Dobson talked about it. California said it wasn't mandatory, that it’s just extracurricular activity, but they did not let it die. In the summer of 2007, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals approved public schools allowing these kids to practice Islam for two weeks. What does this mean? They wear Islamic garb, adopt a Muslim name, memorize verses from the Koran, chant “Allah is great and Mohammed is his prophet," and perform Jihad. The reasoning of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals was that our children need to learn about world cultures. But Islam is not a culture. I'm still waiting to see if it will go to the Supreme Court because this is so wrong.



 Is this Glenn Beck chalkboard hysteria or is this true??

13 comments:

Jerry Critter said...

True. Islam is the official religion of California and the state is leaving the US and joining Iran. Long live the Ayatollah.

Sue said...

I updated jerry, reread...you are joking right?? :-)

Ligtstar said...

I would say Glenn Beck hysteria.

Flying Junior said...

Well, there is a kernel of truth. The Islamic Center of San Diego is only four miles from my house! It's the largest mosque in San Diego County. I also have it on good authority that we host Eastern Orthodox Catholics, The Coptic Church, Buddhists, Hindus, Shinto, Jehovah's Witnesses, Christian Scientists, Pentecostalists and even, gasp! Mormons!

jadedj said...

Take it for what it's worth Sue, but my brother who lives in Laguna Hills, tells me the middle school near his house has a corral full of camels. He is not sure what this means, but he is quite nervous about it.

I would say...Beckenese.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Sue,

My daughter, who lived in Laguna Hills and is now living in Laguna Niguel, has also alerted me to the fact that there are several Middle Eastern restaurants in the area as well as a fabulous Middle Eastern produce markets where she can buy all sorts of Muslim-type Mediterranean foods.

It's scarey and insidious that people from the Middle East come here and want to practice their cultural heritage--like every other culture has and continues to do.

HOWEVER, any sort of religious practice has no place in public schools, so I'm surprised to read this. Children can learn about Islam as a world religion, but I don't understand why it should go any farther than that.

We are a country of 300+ million people, this is gooing on in a small segment of the population, but I don't believe it would be tolerated in other parts of the country.

The public school system is not appropriate for religious instruction--it's unConstitutional.

Where are the people who should know better?

Sue said...

It does seem contradictory for the liberals to be so nonchalant about this. It was a liberal judge who ruled against the conservative parents. I agree NO religion should be taught in public schools. Are they doing this to be politically correct? Do you think what Bud says about this overtaking all schools as the beginning of the Muslim takeover of this country? This sounds sci-fi to me, an invasion of the Muslims in a country of 300+ million!!

Flying Junior said...

One thing that California has no shortage of is fundamentalist Christians. Most of them are wonderful people. But, I'm starting to get the picture with Rev. Abraham. Way back in the 1990s it was popular to bring in a Muslim speaker to tell of his miraculous conversion from the darkness of Islam. The guy I heard said he quit smoking and swearing that very day. I'm not going to say the Abe is a phony, but he may be capitalizing on this phenomenom. After all, preaching is a well-remunerated profession.

Nobody in my family had school-age children at that time, so I can't speak with authority. But I believe the message was to teach tolerance. Not such a bad idea, if one recalls the sometimes violent backlash and hysteria that followed September 11th and continues to this day.

JoeBama "Truth 101" Kelly said...

Robert Schuller's Crystal Cathedral is a hell of a church.

Mosques with their domes are cool. At least from the outside. I've never been in one.

It would be neat to be a rich Muslim and have a harem.

Jerry Critter said...

Actually it is much more likely that Christianity is "already here in the US infiltrating our schools, indoctrinating our kids". Religious indoctrination is wrong in the public schools no matter who is doing it.

okjimm said...

I am an atheist. Wisconsin practices a lot of ice-fishing and deer hunting... some think of it as a Religion. I do like to watch

http://www.cbc.ca/littlemosque/

Jitery said...

With California ranking 47th in our country, I don't think curriculum with religion is tops on the list. I live in California and I think the camels are where they're supposed to be... in the zoo!

Sue said...

thanks guys, I learned absolutely nuttin' from your helpful comments, now back to politics!!! LMAO!!!