Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday Funny!

We could use a good laugh, besides this reminds me of the repubs from the deep south, in a red state of course. You choose which state! :-)))

I got this today in my inbox......


Dearest Redneck Son,

I'm writing this slow because I know you can't read fast. We don't live where we did when you left home. Your dad read in the newspaper that most accidents happen within 20 miles of your home, so we moved. I won't be able to send you the address because the last family that lived here took the house numbers when they moved so they wouldn't have to change their address.

This place is really nice. It even has a washing machine. I'm not sure about it. I put a load of clothes in and pulled the chain. We haven't seen them since.

The weather isn't bad here. It only rained twice last week; the first time for three days and the second time for four days.

About that coat you wanted me to send; your Uncle Billy Bob said it wouldbe too heavy to send in the mail with the buttons on, so we cut them off and put them in the pockets.

Bubba locked his keys in the car yesterday. We were really worried because it took him two hours to get me and your father out.

Your sister had a baby this morning, but I haven't found out what it is yet so I don't know if you are an aunt or uncle.

Uncle Bobby Ray fell into a whiskey vat last week. Some men tried to pull him out but he fought them off and drowned. We had him cremated, he burned for three days.

Three of your friends went off a bridge in a pickup truck. Butch was driving. He rolled down the window and swam to safety. Your other two friends were in the back. They drowned because they couldn't get the tailgate down!

There isn't much more news at this time. Nothing much out of the normal has happened.

Your Favorite Aunt,

Mom

23 comments:

Lisa said...

Rednecks are Dixie-Crats not Dixie-Cans

One Fly said...

What always gets me is that people like this and there are states full of them as we know are very proud of their stupidity and flaunt it for all to see. Dumber than a box of rocks without question.

Sue said...

One Fly, you do realize this is a joke, right?? Yes there are redneck repubs who are just like this mom writing the letter. Certainly no liberal dem is this stupid, right lisa?

Leslie Parsley said...

Well, duh, down here in Ten-uh-see, we think all rednecks look and think alike. They used to be Dixiecrats and now they've been reborn as Dixiecans - a seamless transition, trust me.

Thanks for the good laugh, Sue. I needed it.

Leslie Parsley said...

BTW, there are plenty of redneck Democrats.

One Fly: My mom, a very scholarly lady, used to say that some people are too stupid to know they're stupid. She always thought that people who didn't check their facts or do research were beyond stupid - and insufferably smug.

Lisa said...

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed in spite of the Democrats not because of them. Republicans pushed the bill through the Senate.

Lisa said...

Oh and I know about racist democrats from Tenneesee. I have relatives there.

Anonymous said...

Paul Fussell's book "Class" is full of interesting descriptions like this one.

Leslie Parsley said...

The actual figures for the 1964 Civil Rights Bill are: 73-27.
Republicans: 6 Against, 27 For
Democrats: 21 Against, 46 For

Except for Sen. Byrd, the Democrats who voted against it were Southerners. No surprise there. Goldwater voted against.

Sen. Dirksen was a brilliant orator, possessed an equally brilliant mind and worked tirelessly with HH and LBJ to get the bill passed. If only the Republicans were smart enough to find someone of his class and intelligence now. I loved the guy and had enormous respect for him.

Frankly, I don't think JFK could have succeeded in getting that bill passed - he wasn't the political animal that LBJ was.

I'm still smiling, Sue.

Lisa said...

actually who cares. There are no more real democrats or republicans any more anyway.

Leslie Parsley said...

I screwed up again. Sue, please remove one of my duplicates. I don't know how this is happening - speaking of dum.

Lisa said...

Leslie here's a song you may enjoy:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhPqmJynQPU

Karen said...

Love it!

Sue said...

hey guys, I never dreamed a redneck funny would turn into a civil rights debate! LOL

lisa theres no doubt who I am, I do have some conservative values I was raised with, but I'm a true blue forever democrat. I can't see myself any other way!

Lisa said...

I say loosen up and be a redneck for a day! Looks like fun to me:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L30V5vnYHzk&feature=related

Lisa said...

Sue I am sure Harry Truman would be pround of you. :)

One Fly said...

Of course I know this was in jest but I was referring to other things similar to this that are for real and I do believe many are proud of their backward ways from both sides of the fence and will remain so.

Maybe you should feel lucky Sue that there aren't a bunch banging away on you saying they're being all kinds of picked on and need special consideration for their let's say special needs.

Sue said...

OH Good One fly, I was worried about ya! LOL!

I think lisa keeps hanging around cuz she wants our sympathy, she wants us to apologize for our liberal president and all the terrible things he is doing to HER! LOL

puddy said...

from palin's personal memoirs?

Leslie Parsley said...

Sue, we did go off on a bit of a tangent ; ) but I just wanted to clarify the 1964 voting record.

I'm delighted we're wild eyed liberals and don't think there's one thing to be ashamed of. Best of all, as you have demonstrated so well, we have one hell of a sense of humor.

One Fly said...

For any of those on either side who don't think they are getting treated fair and square there is only one response that is appropriate and that is a tough shit!! One can use variations of that like a tough fucking shit or a tough shit asshole. All work quite nicely.

I am so tired of those who don't have a clue but are given a continual mouthpiece to spew the bullshit they think is true.

We're not changing anyone's minds so I'd rather insult them and their ignorance than attempt any dialog most of the time anyway.

Sue said...

Yes Leslie we libs can laugh!

and One Fly we do try our best here to insult, but laugh all the while doing it!

Puddy, yes straiht from the Book Of Palin, LOL

Hi Karen and GOBacon, thanks for stopping to leave a comment!

Lisa said...

Sue I come here because it's difficult to look away.