Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Are we Happy tonight???

I'm not jumping up and down, are you? Ed Schultz is making me laugh tho and that's a good thing!

So, what did ya think about the Obama speech? I thought it was just more of the same. Very disappointing, very typical, OH SO boring. What did he say, oh yea, he said he feels cautiously optimistic we'll get this done, WTF??!!

Yes, alot are saying it's still a good bill, there are lots of good changes. NO public option, NO medicare buy-in, NO competition because the 3o million more will get their insurance from the big ins. companies who by the way are popping the corks tonight with the Christmas present they just received from LIEbermann!!! FUCK THAT!!!!

United Steelworkers President Leo Gerard, says don't blame President Obama, he's a good and decent guy who has had the rug pulled out from under him. Gerard says its not over, he has no intentions on giving up and neither do the progressive Senators who have fought so hard for us. But what about the president, can we continue to say oh he's just too nice?? He talks to these progressives, he sees the back-stabbing obstructionists, so why doesn't he do more??

Something else I don't understand, with NO public option, NO medicare buy-in, the legislation would be financed by about $460 billion in cuts in projected Medicare payments to health care providers over a decade, there will be higher payroll taxes on individuals making more than $250,000 annually and higher taxes on high-cost insurance policies, drug makers, makers of medical device makers and others. It's deficit neutral. Soooooooo, why are republicans still voting NO????

I like Joan Walsh, she reminds me of Annette and always makes me see the glass half full. She says the bill is good, get it in conference committee and WORK ON IT, it can be improved upon.

Also Alan Grayson says the bill is signable but he will continue fighting to make it better, and one Senator[LIEbermann] should not be allowed to dictate what the whole country gets, so he[Grayson] will be working on the filibuster legislation.

So, tonight I got a little mad, I vented some and I'm sure I'll vent some more before the nights over, but Joan has calmed me down just a little.

What do you think, was it a good day or not?!

12 comments:

Tao Dao Man said...

LOL; Fasten your seat belts.

One Fly said...

It don't even get to one on a 1-10 scale.

Leslie Parsley said...

Dang, I'm so pissed I'm hitting one button when I think I'm hitting another! Good post, Sue. There are times when I wished I still drank - I'd have a tall Jack with two icecubes and ten of your cookies.

Should we even get our hopes up again - just to be let down again?

Great line, One-Fly.

Sue said...

hey guys! I'm calming down a little bit. I say if my guy Grayson can stay calm then so can I! Can't wait to watch Keith tonight tho, I may be back with some updates!

Leslie I wish I had some liquor in the house, It would help me to sleep tonight!

Annette said...

I am not even going to say a word.. You won't listen to anything I say.. I tried to tell you earlier we are a long way from a final bill yet.. You are getting all bent out of shape over NOTHING.

Sue said...

Wait Annette! I even mentioned you in the post so read it and you will see its not negative. Yes I did think Obama said more of the same but that doesn't mean I'm going negative on him. Joan Walsh, Alan Grayson, Leo Gerard all said positive things and a few minutes ago Sen. Wyden said this bill must pass in order to be tweeked and made even better. So yes Annette after I vented some because of the fuckin Liebermann, I still am seeing the glass half full and its because of your help! :-)

Tao Dao Man said...

Tighten your seat belt one more notch.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i7pIgy2ugWrNRwWJXRsdLjuMiwwgD9CK2L6O2

Karen said...

Spittin' nails here and can't think of anything else to say other than Liebermann's a fuckin' bastard!!

Leslie Parsley said...

RZ: I have real, real mixed feelings about this. On the surface it certainly sounds ideal, especially for anyone who takes as many meds as I do.

But, the downside is this. Even though other countries have better health care systems, they don't test as thoroughly or have as high standards as the FDA, for all their other faults. Even then, meds have to be yanked off the shelves because sometimes people die. In other countries, it can be much worse. Even getting them from Canada or Mexico, say, can be problematical because the chemical mix/amount can be just different enough to cause problems. This is especially true for people with mood disorders; a tiny, tiny bit of difference can wreak havoc in their lives.

Tao Dao Man said...

LP; Our FDA does not exactly have the greatest record either. Nor do our Drug makers. My wife is diabetic. We have no HEALTH INS. WE have her medicine sent from Korea. It is cheaper for us to fly to Korea for our medical needs than to have them here. In three years I will not have to worry about it any longer. We will be moving there then. If I can make it here that long. I have fucking had it.

Leslie Parsley said...

RZ: I don't think I said the FDA is without their faults at all. I too am diabetic and know very well what it can be like without insurance. I also know that if you write the pharmacy company directly, document the fact that you do not have insurance, your income, and a Rx from the doctor, they will sometimes provide them for free.

Are either of you Korean? I have a close friend who is an international editor in Seoul. He's been there several years - after a stint in China.

Tao Dao Man said...

Yes, my wife is Korean. We spent 10/08 there and I loved it. We were mostly in the country, and in Daegu. We will be going back for medical needs and to do more recon, before we make the move. Many people that I talk to are preparing to become X Pats.