Friday, August 21, 2009

bearing false witness..

140,000 people of faith including sponsorships by more than 30 religious denominations and organizations including SEIU joined President Obama on his conference call.
"Some are bearing false witness" he said. It is a moral imperative to overhaul the current system.

There is an effort from the faith community to make healthcare secure and affordable for all American families. A new coalition called Americans for Stable Quality Care includes SEIU, AMA, PhRMA, Families USA and FAH. They have a new ad to help the mis-informed understand what the reform really means...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cqQl3lZzzE

Yes there has been progress, more progress then has been done in the past 60 years. I believe it's time for President Obama to abandon the hope for bi-partisanship. The party of NO has no intention on voting the will of the people.

UPDATE: Sen. Snowe and the gang of 6 say they will NOT put the public option on the table! They have made it perfectly clear they they will not give the American people what they need.

It's up to you Mr. President, what will your next move be??

6 comments:

Ranch Chimp said...

Hi Ms.Sue ... I just stumbled across your blog through the DemWit blog actually. I am really far left on this health care issue though...no...I am not liberal or conservative...I agree and disagree with both...and am bipartisan thinking like Obama...and have supported him way before the nomination last year for personal reason's. What we are seeing is a scam...created by money to make sure that the new 46+ million or whatever...will have no public option...but be forced to buy insurance and prescription's through them only and their affiliate's...because it is 100's of billion's in revenue's. I am so left on this...I dont want just an option...I want totally nationalized health care like what I experienced when I lived in Canada and England...and I am a Texan who voted republican 75% of my voting life at that. But after this last administration...I am through with this new republican party. None of these people want an option...they want a monopoly basically...and you are correct...because Obama already tried the nice guy bipartisan route and only gotten both hand's bitten...he need's to go for the throat now...period.

Thank You Ms.Sue...and nice meeting you

Sue said...

wow Ranch Chimp I am impressed, thru with the repub party? You are a first for me, oh no wait, my brother said he is thru too!! Yea for you smart thinkers!

Anonymous said...

Those are some strange bedfellas in that Stable Quality Care coalition (BTW, what a weird name) -- SEIU *and* PhRMA? And AMA? Call me cynical, but something does not compute there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are promoting the reform, but I suspect some unsavory deals must have taken place (apart from the one of the White House with Big Pharma) for this strange "coalition" to come to life.

Hope I'm wrong.

Sue said...

Liz I know there were some back room deals, but what can ya do??

B.J. said...

Forget the Republicans. We know they will vote 100 percent against reform.

The looming question is: will the Democrats vote 100 percent for it.

Here in South Carolina, I am represented solely by Repugs. If you are represented by balking Democrats, put the pressure on NOW.

Sue said...

BJ you poor thing surrounded by repugs!! I hear the progressives will be out in full force next month and it will look like it did during the campaign, maybe even protests in front of the White House!