Saturday, August 29, 2009

whats wrong with us??

The funeral is today... I can't watch it because my eyes are so red and swollen from watching last nights memorial service.

I hope I'll catch Obamas eulogy on MSNBC or C-Span tonight or tomorrow.

To all you hard-hearted Americans who happen to visit here and read this, I hope you stop and think about all Ted Kennedy did for you as far as his legislation, his 47 yrs of serving this country with honor. Laws enacted because of his caring about you, yes he did care about you, all of you. It's a pitiful shame, the greatest country on Earth, but this week some of it's citizens have shown their true colors. Maybe I have lived a sheltered life and never heard such hurtful and hateful things said about good people til I started blogging.

Every time we elect a new president he says he will be a uniter, we think he'll be right this time, this time will be different! But it's the people who do not want it to be different, the people of this country have such hate for each other. No president will be able to put an end to it thats for sure.

Enjoy your weekend my friends, tomorrow will be a new day and I hope I find a reason right here in blogland to smile... Somewhere someone will have something nice to say...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue Sue, ((((HUGS))))) I have been watching the service all morning. What a BEAUTIFUL way to say farewell! Ted Kennedy has such a beautiful and loving family, not to mention a host of faithful friends and a world of good people that loved and admired him for all of his hard work and never ending efforts that he put forth in the political arena.

There is nothing wrong with "us". It's those who hate that there is something wrong with.

Have a lovely day! Keep your chin up and dry your eyes my friend!

xoxoxoxoxo
Donna Marie

Sue said...

Donna you are such a good friend, you are the reason I have a smile right now, I knew it would happen!! Have a great day yourself, the sun is finally coming out here! xoxox

Anonymous said...

Sue Sue,

Ted's children and The President spoke so wonderfully of Ted Kennedy! What a remarkable man! :)

Glad I could make you smile! :)

xoxoxoxo
Donna Marie

Sue said...

I know, I have to go out today and didn't want red swollen eyes so I hope I can see a replay tonight! I love us, why can't everybody be as kind as we are?? :-)))

Annette said...

It was a beautiful service this morning in Boston, and wonderful Eulogies by both sons and our President. I have all 3 posted if you want to watch them there.. Teddy Jr's was the most moving...Patrick's the most practical and the President was the beautiful one... as I expected it to be... The youngest grandchildren, nieces, great-nieces all read the prayers for the dead and it too was beautifully done...

Now they are at Arlington, this is the one that will be my complete and utter downfall.. the military service..Taps and the 21 gun salute.

Do what you can.. and don't worry about the haters.. they are going to be there no matter what.. but I always figure what goes around comes around.. and they will get theirs in the end.

Anonymous said...

We can only hope that someone from the Kennedy family steps up to replace Teddy. Such a big hearted family.

Snappy Di

Papamoka said...

It was a beautiful tribute to Teddy and you made the right choice not watching it Sue. We would have needed a mop to sop up the puddle that used to be Sue.

B.J. said...

Here's a happy blog thought:

I gave up TV about a month ago, so it's been good to read personal observations about the Teddy tributes on blogs like yours.

Stay cool. BJ