Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It looks like a Heinz 57, but not so fast.....

  When Morning Joe highlighted this new Gallup poll I was shocked even though I shouldn't be, we are a fickle nation afterall. So I Googled Gallup and read for myself. The right likes to look at the top line and stop there, But...... look at the chart, look at the difference between "very enthusiastic" and  "somewhat enthusiastic". BIG difference huh? We just have to get Democrats enthusiastic now don't we!!!

Also note... President Obama has a 51% approval rating...


 PRINCETON, NJ -- Although U.S. registered voters are closely divided in their 2010 congressional election preferences, those who say they are "very enthusiastic about voting" this year show a strong preference for the Republican Party.
Congressional Vote Preference, by Enthusiasm About Voting

6 comments:

Hugh Jee From Jersey said...

The big number there that both parties should look at is the 40+% who are not enthusiastic about voting for either a Republican or a Democrat.

Those are probably independents, or third party enthusiasts, or apolitical people. Though both parties should be concerned, it will be more of a factor for the Dems. A loss in Congressional seats in mid terms for the incumbent party is historically what happens. The Dems need to minimize their losses.

I really don't think we are looking at a replay of 1994...say what you will about Newt Gingrich but he was a charismatic and media accessible leader for the Congressional GOP. They have no one of that stature this time around.

Sue said...

I hope its just because it's early and people aren't thinking about November. I don't think it'll be a replay of 1994 either, a minimal loss of seats at best but will keep the majority, thats how I see it.

I'll be by later to read your NJ news, lots going on in our state of Chris Christie....

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Les Carpenter said...

It may not be another 1994, and partly because of the point Hugh made with respect to Gingrich.

Independents and Libertarians will play a significant role. Republicans will gain a significant number of seats.

What they do from then until 2012 will determine whether they are able to regain the majority position.

I am hoping the conservative movement starts acting like conservatives again. Because I sure as h*ll don't want Obama the next time around.

And other than Paul and a couple with his honesty I don't see anyone I can get comfortable with.

I must agree with Lisa with respect to Madame Pelosi. I see her as rather hideous both philosophically and politically.

Sue said...

I don't see "significant" number of seats, but yes "some". If this country is so fickle and so brain dead to give republicans the majority again then they deserve what they get. We are going through it here in NJ. The state was looking for someone different and we sure GOT IT! Whats going on now you ask? Well they now want to throw our Gov. to the wolves and its not been 6 months with the jerk! Fickle, stupid people, ALL over this country!

BTW, don't ever agree with lisa, you will lose all credibility with me!

Les Carpenter said...

Sue - Fickle I agree with. Stupid is a harsh word.I perfer to think of it more as misquided or misdirected.

With respect to Lisa... I still agree with the Pelosi observation.:-)