Sunday, September 18, 2011

Power Couple

I love Brad Pitt, not only for his handsome face, but for his huge heart....

In today's Sunday Parade he was asked how he and Angelina find time to help refugees and other victims all over the world and why do they do it......He said, "I'll tell you why, because I hit the lottery---the whole cliche' of moving to Hollywood and getting paid silly amounts of money. I've traveled the world and seen mothers and babies dying because they don't have a 30 cent treatment that is available in industrialized nations. I feel like I have to share whatever I can. You're culpable if you don't act. You know, we bitch about raising taxes. I think the argument is that it's my money, I earned it, why do I have to pay for other people? I get very frustrated with that argument. I don't mind paying taxes. I live in a country that gave me the opportunity to make money, and most people on this planet do not have that."

Whatta guy... First I need to say to those complaining (I hear ya!), Brad and Angie do a lot right here in our country too. Most recently with his Make it Right foundation in New Orleans. They gave 5 Million in aid and are constructing new Green houses for hurricane victims.

To my readers who will make fun of this post because, well, they hate Hollywood types, I guess out of jealousy, but they hate them., You can't give me one single example of Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie doing their humanitarian work because of ego. They give of themselves and they give their money because they are driven with a desire to help those in need, those less fortunate than most. I don't know for sure if Brad is a Liberal, he acts and talks like a Liberal.  Yea, I think he is......

Just a 'feel good about Liberals' post, because I can..   :-)

7 comments:

Cirze said...

I'm with you. I really respect that couple's efforts to improve the world.

He's a straight, clear thinker and they do good work that has lasting value for those who need help.

I also loved her movie about (her) United Nations volunteering "Beyond Borders." She speaks to the soul of those who want to empathize with other's suffering and help to minimize it.

Thanks for writing about them!

S

Les Carpenter said...

Angelina Jolie is one hot lady. Even if she is a liberal.

Leslie Parsley said...

I'm not big into Hollywood or celebrities but these two are exceptional. Not all liberals are as giving of their time and money for those less fortunate (maybe because so many of us are too poor?, but it seems that those who walk the walk are in fact liberal.

cakegirl said...

They should, they can afford it!!

What I don't agree with is raisng taxes on people that make $200,000. My husband went to school, paid for all his training while I worked full time and raised my kids, and now that he's finally going to be promoted and make just over $200,000, we get slapped with more taxes?? How does that help me pay for my kids' college? Or help out my parents who are just barely making it on social security? How does that help me be able to help my widowed sister and four kids? $200,000 is not wealthy. He might as well not have have worked his butt off.

Sue said...

well Cakegirl, sorry about your situation but you need to read more about Obamas plan. His proposed tax increases are on incomes 1 million and above. I think all the middleclass hard workers should be safe...and pleased that the rich will finally be helping in a small way....

BTW, the 200,000 income limit tax hike is a republican lie...

cakegirl said...

I hope you're right, but this is where I've heard the 200k: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2009/02/obamas-budget-a/

"Taxes on those making over $200,000 (singles) and $250,000 (joint) will revert to the Clinton-era rate of 39.6%." - http://www.taxfoundation.org/blog

http://www.bargaineering.com/articles/2011-income-tax-rates-prediction.html

Sue said...

why have you come back with a 2009 link and a link that did not work? What you are referring to is the Bush era tax cuts ending like the GOP wanted, when they first implemented them, before they were extended by Obama. So now finally they will end. As for the new Obama jobs bill and deficit reduction plan, there are tax cuts for middle class workers, I'm sure you are able to Google the specifics yourself...