Thursday, February 4, 2010

Brown's ready to work, Ummm, I mean filibuster...

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Brown's in town, oh goody! Does he sound strong and combative to you? Howard Fineman thinks so. I think he sounds like a 10th grader. Oh but he could not wait to get sworn in so he could get to work on all the upcoming legislation. He says he'll look at each bill before him and decide if it's good for the people of Massachusetts and if so he won't play politics. We'll see, but it looks like the jobs bill will be filibustered, sounds like politics as usual to me....

update: My little town paper says "Senate to OK jobs bill". Harry Reid expects to pass a jobs bill next week with a rare bipartisan vote. He says dems want to work with repubs and it appears they want the same. Dems say a jobs bill that includes tax breaks Repubs support is a good way to break the ice while also reflecting Obamas renewed emphasis on creating jobs.

I hope 'ole Harry is right, we'll see!

13 comments:

Hugh Jee From Jersey said...

Yooooo! Sue! Is it snowin' yet? Target has ice melt on sale, $4.18 (down from $5.98).

I've got mine...and gas for the blower.

Good luck!

Sue said...

Unfortunately it hasn't started snowing here! I am waiting patiently for the first flake to fall! We have our salt and we have a neighbor with a snow blower, so I'm all set! Good luck to you, they say it's a monster of a storm, YAY!!!

Leslie Parsley said...

The unemployment rate dropped to 9.2% last month. Of course all the "experts" say yes, but . . .

We just had what is considered a good snow here in Nashville. Four or five inches of snow and two inches of ice on top. Have fun.

Leslie Parsley said...

I just heard 30" expected. Stay snug.

Infidel753 said...

I am waiting patiently for the first flake to fall!

Looks like you have a pretty big flake on the video up there, though he may not have fallen yet.....

The CDM said...

Don't matter if you are the weather man or just a man, when you promise 6 inches, you better deliver.


I'm just sayin'...

Sue said...

thehusband said something like he had 6 inches for me tonight and I said "WHAT??" What happened to the 8 inches, "you got an old age problem?"

Then I told him I was gonna blog about it, He didn't believe me...

So what else can ya do when you have 24" of snow coming overnight! YAY!!

Leslie Parsley said...

The snow must be blowing in peoples' heads. ; )

Sue - too funny. I have heard it advised that if a man is trying to rape a woman, the best defense is to look down and say, "with that little ole thing?"

Don't ask me what a man says when a woman is trying to rape him.

Sue said...

LOL, then when he looks down at himself you knee him in the balls or punch him in his adams apple!

Lisa said...

Lets' se if it works better than the first 700 billion dollar jobs bill.

dmarks said...

"I just heard 30" expected. Stay snug."

So the new jobs program starts, with jobs for snowplow drivers.

Sue said...

hey dmarks, a job's a job, right?

Leslie Parsley said...

dmarks: if they can afford the plows and the salt trucks and the salt.