Thursday, November 5, 2009

Molly Ivins

Willis left me a comment on my 'conservatives vs. GOP' post and mentioned Molly Ivins. Now you all know I am not a writer and could not recall ever hearing the name, so I googled Ms. Molly and started reading about this remarkable woman. I will continue my read but wanted to post this quote because, well, I just loved it!

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't you forget to have fun doin' it. Lord, let your laughter ring forth. Be outrageous, ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can produce. And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it was."—quoted by John Nichols for The Nation Original source: "The Fun's in the Fight" column for Mother Jones, 1993.


She is also credited with applying the nickname SHRUB to George W. Bush.
And I thought Reality Zone was responsible for that nickname to Bush! lol

4 comments:

JoeBama "Truth 101" Kelly said...

Molly Ivins was the finest lady that Texas ever produced.

No offense to Lady Bird Johnson.

Sue said...

What I have read so far TRUTH, she was the kinda liberal I woulda loved to have had conversations with!

willis said...

Thanks Sue, very happy to turn you on to Molly. She was a gifted writer and left us way too soon.

jadedj said...

Molly Irvins is sorely missed by me. A person who pulled no punches, and made you laugh while twisting the blade. The best person to ever come out of Texas.