Thursday, September 17, 2009

POTted plants!


N.J. cops say pot plants growing on High Street

3-foot-tall plants were growing in a basket hanging from a lamp post


MILLVILLE, N.J. - Maybe this is why they call it High Street. Police confirm the odd-looking plants they pulled last week from a flower basket in Millville's business district were indeed marijuana.

The plants were discovered by a passer-by. Police responded to the scene with a ladder and confiscated the 3-foot-tall plants, which were growing in a basket hanging from a lamp post.

The city's parks and recreation department, which tends to the baskets, says it has no idea how the pot plants got there.

No arrests have been made.


No, I'm not a pot smoker but found this funny, I'm about 90 minutes from this little town not far from the Jersey shore. Can you imagine, 3 ft tall? LOL!


13 comments:

Lisa said...

My husband used to have a pot plant in his window sill as a teenager and his mother used to water it for him because she thought it was a tomato plant. Then after a while she realized it wasn't.

Sue said...

lisa you really made me laugh out loud! I have a story I could tell, but not sure I should...

Anonymous said...

Hey Sue Sue, Lisa.. That was a funny story! Tell the story Sue! :)

I can't imagine watering my sons pot plant... LOL... la la... la... la la ...ice tomatoe plant.LOL...

xoxoxox
Donna Marie

Sue said...

I'll tell you in an email

It's Me said...

LOL........stoned parents!

Sue said...

Patti!! Where've you been girl!?

Annette said...

I think someone had planted the pot on purpose.. then when they got called out decided they couldn't claim it...lol

Not sure about getting a pot plant confused with a Tomato though.. that's a stretch.. lol

Anonymous said...

High Street, LOL! This is funny -- both 3ft plants in public view and Lisa's brother's "tomato" plant.

Ahem, not sure it is such a stretch, Annette -- I wouldn't know pot from potato. And I too would be very happy to see that my child is responsible enough to take care of a plant, so I'd gladly water it for him when needed. Sigh. Gotta look up pot plants on-line, just to make sure. :)

Luckily(?), the only plant life my kids cultivate (as far as I can tell) is the mold in their fridge.

TomCat said...

LOL, Sue. There is a stoner in NJ with a sense of humor.

Sue said...

can NJ be known for its humor AND its abundence of pot smokers? LOL

The CDM said...

"Can you imagine, 3 ft tall?"

You wouldn't believe the shit I have imagined.

Sue said...

tell us C, tell us all about it!! :-)
I'll email you the story I told Donna

The CDM said...

You don't wanna hearit, it's just another TOKEn story.